Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Three goats on a label

When I wrote about this label, I should have put in, for the sake of the search-engines, some text to help seekers find Heng Num Tong Three Goats Brand Ceylon Best Tea, the text on the label. Let no person think that this has been on the shelves since the days when Sri Lanka was officially Ceylon, or before sometime in 1972. I'm writing this because I dreamed about the Temple of the Tooth (and let's have no Freudian interpretations!) last night, which is depicted on one of my favorite issues of postage stamps. I hope some day to visit the island, perhaps combined with an extended tour of the subcontinent. Leonard Woolf's memoirs are set partly in Ceylon, where he was stationed as part of the British colonial administration. These volumes have probably long since been cleared from the shelves of the library under the deaccessioning policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home