Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nineteenth-century family portrait

In this studio photograph are my father, his three brothers, and their parents. My father is standing next to his mother. There had been a little sister, born before the eldest brother, and dead before the arrival of the second brother (I think), whose doll, along with the doll's trunk and wardrobe, are in my possession. I am said to resemble my father and my grandmother. (A click on the image will download a larger version of it, so that more detail may be viewed, including a toy dog in the foreground.)

3 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, August 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be a 20th century portrait (ie. 1900's), especially if your father is in it.

The portrait looks to be in decent condition for its age. Have you got any others?

 
At 5:42 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Rantor said...

It's not a twentieth-century photograph; it's a nineteenth-century photograph. My father and all his brothers were born in the nineteenth century; he was born in 1883 and two of his brothers are older than that. Look at my grandmother's clothes. I like the toy pug dog that can be seen in the larger view.

 
At 5:45 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Rantor said...

I forgot to say that my grandmother (photographed here) died in early 1899.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home