Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A found notelet

Since I don't have a good copy of InfoSelect or of OneNote or EverNote or anything like that, I'm plagued by scraps of paper bearing cryptic scribbles. One finally deciphered has to do with the current laws on brand registry. This was from the time that the Texas Ranch (or whatever it was called) PBS pseudo-reality show was on. I wanted to find out whether county clerks are still the recorders of cattle brands. Evidently, they are. I haven't taken time to check, but I bet that the registration fee is set by state law and that all the brand and livestock-marking statutes are in the Agriculture Code. The Travis County Clerk charges $16. Some information will be buried at the Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home