Saturday, January 06, 2007

Seeing red

It was in November 2002 that I was last truly under the weather, and probably with the same complaint. Aspergum and Throat Discs from the era have expired. The forager today could find only red Aspergum (forget it!) and no Throat Discs, but did return with Fisherman's Friend lozenges, which also list capsaicin among the ingredients. I haven't started to cough, but I want to be ready if I do. Pine Brothers cough drops are no more; sometimes Thayer's Slippery Elm lozenges don't taste good, although they work for the pain. I hate strawberry- or raspberry- or cherry-flavored anything. I think I've tasted Fisherman's Friend long ago. It's imported now by the Pez people in Orange, Connecticut. Maybe it's one of those things that only a well person can tolerate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home