Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not so easily found

This JamCam photograph shows why I had to resort to ReaderWare and create a database to keep track of everything. By rearranging and being organized, I could no longer find anything without thinking hard about where it had been placed. I had to give every section of shelf a number, every individual shelf another number, and every room a two-letter designation to serve as a prefix for the shelf section and invidual shelf numbers. Some locations are less difficult to remember than others, but there are those that require the computer to be booted up and ReaderWare opened, which takes time, but less time than trying to reconstruct the logic behind the relocation and what the newer location might be. So much for being "organized." I now understand why I subscribe to the "neat heap" theory of organizing paperwork on a desktop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home