Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pffffft! just like that

PC Magazine will soon no longer enjoy a physical embodiment and will exist solely as an on-line presence. I remember the days when it was fat and sassy. I don't know how many issues there were a year, but I think that it appeared at least every two weeks. Those few of us with an interest would kick in to pay for a shared issue. We'd pore over every page and discuss it all. I feel sad about the change, but I could see it coming on the heels of the recent announcement that the publication would send out only 12 issues a year. I think that it's much more laborious (and of course not nearly so portable) to absorb information from on-line sources. Books and magazines are still the best portable entertainment and information devices. Should I commission a t-shirt that says "fuddy-duddy and proud"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home