Monday, February 21, 2005

Holding the right cards the wrong way

We picked up a newsprint publication called The Austin Student. Among the articles in it was one containing rules for Texas Hold'em. The article didn't say what this particular game used to be called, and this is a subject for research. What was interesting to me was that there were illustrations of all the various types of hands in poker, and they weren't arranged in the order I've been using since I was a kid. Do I arrange cards the way I do because I'm left-handed? I always place high cards toward my left hand, and lower ones toward my right, no matter what the game. K. does exactly the opposite, no matter what the game. It appears that my method is traditional for bridge; K's for poker. Again, this is a subject for research. I've been playing all kinds of everything since I was a tiny kid, but I don't remember being shown how to order the cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home