Saturday, January 28, 2006

Neato gadget

It's called an iSlice and I'm glad that somebody gave it to me. Apparently it's being sold imprinted as a promotional item, billed as a "CD opener and sheet cutter." It's said to be acceptable to airline screeners. It's magnetic so it'll stick to a fridge or a file cabinet. Elsewhere it's shown along with a sister device billed as an EnvelOpener, with the boast that it "lasts forever" and "cuts only the envelope, never your hand." In the Levenger catalogue that came today there's another such device, under another name, perhaps just something like "ceramic cutter." I'm told that mine came from Home Trends. I look forward to receiving this catalogue now that I'm probably on the mailing list.

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had the one from Levenger for years (maybe 10?). It's quite handy, although I rarely have a hardcopy newspaper to cut a clipping from anymore. All my clippings these days are of the "Save As" variety.

 
At 5:13 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Rantor said...

I still use one of those nasty old Clip-It blades for that sort of thing, but I do love the iSlice for opening those bands put around the necks of some containers and for getting at other containers of various sorts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home