Thursday, August 02, 2007

Click!

Thanks to a cigarette promotion, I own my very first Zippo lighter, and it was free. Somehow, I've never run out of matches. I've read that the people who make these lighters, in Bradford, Pennsylvania, have had a bad time with countefeit goods lately. Anyhow, thanks to this same promotion, I also have a free ashtray. I've smoked off and on since I was ten years old. It's been a very long time since I've smoked indoors, and sometimes I go weeks without puffing at all. The expense does make a difference. I can't stand being around other people who smoke. I still remember all the places around town where my brand (old-fashioned, non-filter Camels) were available: for instance, the Chile Parlor, the Cloakroom, the Driskill, the basement snack bar in the Capitol. These were all vending machines. Nothing looks sillier than somebody striking a supposedly "tough" pose, complete with cigarette dangling out of the corner of the moutn, if the cigarette is a filter one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home