Sunday, February 07, 2010

Modern material culture: work clothes

I found some hand-me-downs. I think they were from the old Army-Navy store on Congress downtown. One is a chino twill tan workshirt, cotton and polyester, made in the U.S.A., brand HIT EM HARD. I find nothing on line about this registered brand. The other is a poplin tan workshirt, all cotton, made in the U.S.A., brand Creighton, green lettering on label. I still find a maker of uniforms called Creighton. It may operate the way Finesilver in San Antonio used to, making military uniforms mostly, but workclothes as well. We used to buy Finesilver tan chino trousers at Gellman's on East Sixth. Sweet, Orr was the brand of choice for workclothes when I was a kid. They had to be starched crisply and ironed with creases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home