Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Identification

Thanks to an entry happened upon over at Zanthan, we now know that one of the varieties in this year's mystery pack of bulbs is "Jetfire." Zanthan reports that it did not do well at returning, but we've certainly enjoyed it this year and are glad to know what it is. From what can be learned in a hurry, it appears to have been introduced during the past ten years or so. With a name like that, one would have suspected that it was from the Sputnik era. Also identified during the past few days was a Chinook helicopter. Some window-rattling craft had been going over, but hadn't been seen; and then it was. The last time we did catch sight of one of these, it was when the statue was replaced atop the Capitol after the renovation, and not upon the first attempt.

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son and I saw the Chinook on our way to lunch yesterday and when he asked me, "Isn't that some sort of transport?" I said, "I don't know, but it looks like the kind that put the statue back on the capitol building when you were 7, remember?" Thanks for confirming my hunch. I took a bunch of photos at the time. If we had had blogs in those days, it would have been perfect blog-fodder. (Was the Chinook what finally got the statue on? I remember they had to call in the Louisianna guard because the Texas guard didn't have the right equipment. Very embarrassing.)

As for "Jetfire", I'm glad the photo helped you. I was tempted to replace the photo with something else, since "Jetfire" was a dud in my garden. Now I'll leave it up.

M. Stevens
Zanthan Gardens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home