Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Never before

From start to finish, with added and removed material as well, I heard this recorded version of Strike of the Band for the first time. Although it contains some beautiful songs and several very funny numbers, it's not the sort of item to be listened to again and again. Nevertheless, it's very clever and would make a wonderful choice for high-school or college students to produce. I liked the idea of Evil Yodeling Swiss villains. This was found at the library. The printed accompanying material is most informative. I didn't care for the mixtures of arranging styles but I did like it that arrangers' credits were furnished so that it's possible to confirm which are originals and which are later or contemporary. I hadn't thought about the song Soon for a long time, but I've Got a Crush on You and The Man I Love are performed and recorded fairly often, usually with too much drama. The vernacular lyrics and the G&S tone add greatly to the pleasure of this. I hope to see it live someday. I like this on-line essay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home