Monday, August 21, 2006

Wall of death

I just loved the feature in yesterday's NYT about these old-time fair and carnival attractions. I've never, ever missed an opportunity to see one. Now I know why helmets are never worn. I'm really sorry that the on-line version doesn't show the photograph of the stairs up to the top of the silo and the viewing platform around the rim where the spectators look down at the bikes coming ever closer to the top. I don't seem to know anybody these days who has ever seen one of these. They used to charge among the higher admissions. I think it's interesting that the performer featured in the piece prefers an old Indian. They were such beauties.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, September 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes !!! The wall of death can be a wonderful show, especially if you go see the right ones.. A young beautiful woman named Sandra D. also rides the Wall of death and can be seen at www.wallofdeath.com and www.californiahellriders.com . Samantha Morgan and Sandra D. have known each other for years. Check them out if you can. They are both fantastic riders and are the real deal for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home