Thursday, November 07, 2002

There's no way that the I used to believe site would have come to my attention unaided, and I'm glad to know that it's out there. My contribution has to do with my disappointment at being in New York City for the first time and learning that it is possible to see the tops of the skyscrapers. I had believed that having tops not visible from the ground was what qualified buildings to be skyscrapers or rascacielos. The site asks the senders to categorize submissions. It appears that mine would fall under category "world" and subcategory "places." It's good to know that I wasn't alone in believing that north is always uphill, south, downhill, and that, no matter which way you're facing, east and west have something to do with your right and left hands, which being assigned to which, evidently, depending on how you were taught in school the first time you dealt with a map! These are disabilities that I have never overcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home