Tuesday, April 26, 2005

PhotoStamps are back!

Beginning on May 16, PhotoStamps will be available again. For the next week or so, whenever I'm bored to death, instead of thinking up domain names or business-card designs, I'll be considering possible PhotoStamp images. Too bad I'm not on good terms with the person who now possesses the photograph of Legacy Mac harnessed to the high-wheel sulky. That would be a good one for sure. I wrote about these before, old philatelist that I am, but they were withdrawn before we could decide what to order. K. was surprised to read that a prediction of mine is being fulfilled: people are collecting snapshots of unknown people and of subjects of all kinds. Google tells me that there's even a documentary: "Other People's Pictures." I've always lingered over them and am one of the few people on this earth who is not at all bored to see anybody's most recently developed photographs. Back when they were cheaper than post cards of any vintage are now, CCH used to buy daguerreotypes and the like just for their cases. I always thought that the pictures were more interesting. Right now the description slated for the (non-business) card is living national treasure. Today I read of someone billed as an urban shaman; are there suburban ones?

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont order from these guys. I've waited a month for them to deliver a 20 dollar order via US Mail. They make you wait 15 business days, then apologize for the non-delivery. They then offer a reorder and recommend their expensive delivery option or fill out a form and wait 60 days for a refund.

No Phone Support - Automated Email BS Crappy service and a refund policy that borders on fraud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home